Gia - session 270 - flat and jump at CDP

 I was on my own at CDP today.  I started Gia out with some lunging in the rope halter.  She was a little nervous, probably because it was a bit windy, and there was a new jump to check out.  Once we had been around the ring in each direction, and over one of the smaller jumps on the lunge line, we hung out for a few minutes near the new, scary roll top jump until Gia made friends with it.

Under saddle, I worked on getting her to stretch, as well as leg yielding around the ring to keep her mind on me, and not on whatever was scaring her.  We repeated all of that at the trot as well.

Once she was a little quieter, we went over the jump that we had lunged over in the beginning.  She went over it very well to the left, and cantered off nicely.  To the right, she struggled with being straight, and didn't really get her lead afterwards at all.  I asked for the right lead canter though, and it was quite nice, and she cantered for a bit longer than usual in a nice, balance frame.

After our ride, we took advantage of the nicer weather to have a little spa day.  I washed and combed out her tail, and washed her mane.  It probably won't stay nice for long though!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP