Gia - session 269 - dressage - transitions

 I started Gia out with stretching at the walk today.  My main concentration was on keeping my hands together, keeping a connection, flexing in the stiffer direction, and then giving my hands forward when she softened.  She gave me a really nice free walk.  It wasn't terribly consistent, but it will get there.

I worked on the same thing at the working trot, and then added walk/trot transitions.  She stayed together during her transitions better than she usually does.

When I asked for the canter, she was fairly willing and obedient, not fussy at all, and even stayed together fairly well!  She also kept her canter a lot longer than she usually does.  She was a bit rushy in her trot after the down transitions, so I used small circles to help get her back together.

We finished our ride with a really good stretchy trot, maybe the best one she's ever given me!  It wasn't consistent, but there were a lot of good moments.  Not a bad way to start a Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP