Gia - session 265 - back to "real" work

 The weather and the arena footing finally cooperated today, so I was able to get a good ride in on Gia.  I started out with a lot of stretching at the walk.  She was a little reluctant, and maybe a little stiff, at first, but eventually gave me a really good, reaching stretch.

I knew our transitions were not going to be very good, since it had been a while.  So, I started the trot work by focusing on the transitions.  We did one of my favorite exercises - 5 walk/5 trot.  Basically, I walk for five steps, and then trot for five steps, and then back to the walk for five steps, and repeat.  There are a lot of benefits to this exercise, but I chose it for Gia today to help her loosen up, and to work on her obedience.  It took her a while to "get it".  She was a bit tense and resistant, and she often thought about cantering.  I added some work on flexing left and right during the transitions, and I did everything on a large figure eight.  By the end of our ride, she was a little looser and more relaxed, and our transitions were a bit better. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP