Gia - session 262 - back to work!

 Gia's leg was completely back to normal today, so back to work we go!

I started out lunging her in the rope halter.  Since she had several light days, and then several days off, I wanted to make sure she wasn't going to act up.  I had her trot and canter on the lunge.  She was obedient, but a little lazy.

Under saddle, we started out with a nice stretch at the walk.  It wasn't quite as stretchy as we had been getting last week, but it was good enough.

At the trot, I worked on getting her to stretch, as well as getting her to stay straight.  We did a lot of leg yields, circles, and changes of direction.  I decided one trot set was enough for today since she had a very light week last week.  

The stretch she gave me after our trot set was fantastic!  We also worked on transitions between medium walk and free walk today, and those were better than last time.  She was quicker to make the transition into the true gait.  Definitely a great start back after a short break!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP