Gia - session 261 - more walk work, and vet check

 Gia's leg was still slightly swollen this morning, but it did look to be a little better.  I continued with the walk work we had been doing.  Once I had gotten a good stretch at the walk, I brought her up to a medium walk.  Once that was established, I went back and forth a few times between free walk and medium walk, making sure each gait was solid before moving on.  The work paid off, and we finished with a nice square halt!

Since Gia's swelling was not going down as quickly as I would have liked, I decided to have the vet out to check it.  He agreed with my assessment that it was just a small cut.  He also agreed to keep her walking and keep up the ice therapy, furacin ointment and bute.  He did add an oral antibiotic (SMZ's for short), and a topical wound ointment (SSD for short).  He expects her to be back to normal within a few days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP