Gia - session 247 - lunging and mostly flat at CDP

 I almost wasn't going to lunge Gia today at CDP, because she has been doing so well, but I'm glad I did.  She was quite full of herself today, spooking at one of the horses walking on the hot walker. SMH.

Charlie worked with both of us on making sure she kept moving her feet, even when she was spooking, and on making sure that she only stopped when she was told to stop, and only moved when she was told to move.  It didn't take too long for her to realize that she wasn't going to get out of work just because there was something scary going on.  

Once she relaxed and lowered her head and licked and chewed, I hopped on and rode for a little bit in the ring.

Under saddle, she was a little looky at all the usual things, but it did not take as much effort to get her attention on me.  I lost her attention often, but got it back quickly.  The lunging is definitely helping with that.  In the past, I would lose her attention and focus on a much bigger scale, and it would take a lot longer to get it back.  

We did a lot of leg yields and circles, and we did do a jump or two.  She was a bit lazy over the jumps, but I did get a couple that were nice, and a partial canter.  

I ended our session when she was trotting around the arena more confidently, with less distractions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP