Gia - session 243 - lunging and dressage work

 Today's session with Gia went much like last Monday's session.  She was a little lazy on the lunge, but extremely obedient!  To get her a little more pumped, I lunged her over some jumps.  I will most likely not lunge her on Wednesday, if she comes in quiet again.

Under saddle, she stretched really well at the walk, but not as good at the trot.  I did a lot of walk trot transitions to work on getting more stretch.  It was a tiny bit better by the end, but definitely not a huge improvement.

Since she was pretty quiet with all the transitions, I asked for a little canter work in each direction.  Once I got her straight, I asked for the canter, and she was very prompt and obedient with the transition, and had no problem at all with her leads in either direction.  Her first canter in each direction was a little excited, but on the second one, she relaxed and I was able to ask her for more straightness and stretch.

I finished our ride with a little bit of lengthening work again.  She was so responsive, and relaxed!  I think she gave me the biggest lengthening of her life today.  It doesn't even feel like she is really trying.  I can't wait to see how she does when she is stronger!

We finished our ride with a little walk on the buckle.  She stretched down very nicely, and was so relaxed.  This was definitely not the ride I expected to get after having almost a week off!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP