Gia - session 240 - more lunging and dressage

 I started Gia's session today with lunging again.  She was super obedient and responsive, and really seems to understand what is expected of her on the lunge line.  Her canter work was even pretty relaxed.

Under saddle, I worked on getting her to stretch down at the walk and trot.  She stretched pretty good at the walk, but not as good at the trot.  I also worked on trying to keep her together during the walk/trot transitions.  That went a little better today.

She didn't anticipate cantering at all, so I allowed her to do some work on the canter, a little in each direction.  She was a little excited, but no bucking today.  I focused on keeping her head up and keeping her straight.  She gave me a lot of nice moments at the canter today!

To finish up our ride, I wanted to go back and do some trot work, after having cantered, and see if she could keep herself together and not try to canter on her own.  She did so well with it that I asked her for a few baby lengthenings.  They weren't great, but she did respond with something that might have resembled a lengthening, and, most importantly, she didn't try to canter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP