Gia - 239 - lunging and dressage

 I lunged Gia again today before I rode her.  She was VERY obedient on the lunge.  She definitely understands what's going on there!

Under saddle, we started with stretching down at the walk, and she was very responsive and relaxed and stretchy.

When I moved her into the trot, she did not stretch down as well, and she was a bit tense at first.  I had cantered her on the lunge line, and she was anticipating the canter under saddle.  I had to bring her back a few times, and do several small circles before she relaxed a bit.  

Then I worked on getting her to maintain the stretch as I asked her to pick up the trot.  That was a lot harder for her, but we did manage to get one transition that was half way decent. 

Finally, to reward all her hard work, I allowed one canter transition in each direction.  She had no problem picking up the correct lead both ways, and they were both lovely transitions to boot!  Possibly the nicest canter transitions she has ever done.  See Gia, they were definitely worth the wait!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP