Gia - session 222 - Struggling a little with flatwork today.

 Gia felt very tight and against my hand for most of our ride today.  I really struggled to get her to reach down and stay soft.  I did a lot of work on my own position - equal weight in both feet, equal weight in both seatbones, keeping my body aligned with her and her body aligned with our path, keeping my hands soft and equal weight in each.  I definitely felt some good moments, but they were fleeting, and it was hard to keep them consistent.  We mainly stuck with traveling around the ring, just off the rail, so that we could really focus on straightness.  I asked for a few different figures/movements to try to help her find the straightness - leg yield, shoulder-in, small circles, etc.  We did a few circles and changes of bend when things were a little better.  We also did a few walk/trot transitions when things were a little better.  By the end of the ride, I did feel like she was a little softer, but it still didn't feel as consistent as it had.  Sometimes, with horses, that's the way it goes.  There will always be another ride tomorrow ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP