Gia - session 211 - More stretching and flexing with Suzin

 Suzin had Gia and I start right away with more flexing and stretching work at the walk to get Gia even softer and more obedient.  When she was better at the walk, we worked on transitions into and out of the trot, as well as changes of bend and direction.  All the while, Gia had to stay soft, which meant I had to be more disciplined and strict to not allow her to come up or inverted.  Gia was definitely understanding the work and what was being asked of her.  She had a lot of nice moments where she was really reaching into the contact.  

I also had to pay attention to where her haunches were going (I'm not sure if Suzin read yesterday's blog, but she immediately observed that Gia's haunches were trailing to the right). ☺.  That was harder for me to notice from the saddle, which is probably why Gia does it so much.  My work today gave me a new awareness for where her haunches were and what it actually should feel like.  Something I am often telling my students is that sometimes you have to throw away what you think you feel and listen to what your instructor says is actually happening.  Then start to create a new "memory" for what it SHOULD feel like.  I made a mental note of what it really felt like when Gia's haunches were straight versus trailing to the right.  It was very different from what I had been thinking it was!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP