Gia - session 206 - more of the same at CDP

 I took Gia to CDP again today for another lesson with Charlie.  We pretty much worked on the same things - stretching down at the walk, ground poles at the walk and trot, then adding in jumps as she felt confident.  

The first jump was just a flower box, that she has seen before, but she stopped at it anyway.  I just kept her straight and forward until she went over it - no backward steps.  The next time she went right over it, but kicked some sand into it, which made a slight sound, so we went WAY over it.  Luckily, she stayed under me, and I on top of her!

After that, the rest of the jumps went pretty much as they always do.  She trotted some and cantered after some.  Whenever she cantered, we worked on staying up and out and balanced at the canter.  She didn't offer really any canter to the right, so Charlie had me ask her for just a tiny bit of haunches-in to the right.  From that, she offered to canter on her own, without being grumpy, and got it right all but one time!  I let her end on that note for the day.

Her rides to and from CDP in the trailer were nicely uneventful.  I think I'll try the hind wraps one more time before transitioning to real shipping boots on the hind legs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP