Gia - session 204 - work on homework and jumping

I warmed Gia up with work on our homework - lots of stretching down at the walk and trot.  She seemed to get it even better today, although she did seem a bit lazy, and a little stiffer on her left side today.

Once the stretching was pretty good, I put her over some trot poles.  The first time, she was way too slow, but then she over-corrected herself, and each time after that, she was much too fast.  We worked over them until she had found the correct speed to get over them smoothly.

Then we played over different jumps that were set up in the arena.  She was doing very well over those, although she didn't want to land and canter to the right.  I think I managed to get it once.  There was a small oxer set up in the ring, so we decided to try it.  She went right at it with no problems at all!  Of course, when I tried to get a video of it, she didn't take it quite as well.  Beginner's luck, I guess. ☺

After our ride, I worked on clipping her for the upcoming show this weekend.  She is only going to school, but she may as well look pretty, plus it's good experience for her to be clipped often.  She was a little nervous about clipping her face and legs, but she didn't react other than a little blowing.  However, when I went to clip her bridle path, she was definitely uncomfortable with that, and raised her head quite high. We ended up having to twitch her to get it done.  I also clipped her tail for the first time today.  She was a little nervous about it, but we let her eat grass while I did it, so she didn't really react.  Good thing too, since there is really no safe place to stand when clipping a tail!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP