Gia - session 178 - More homework - stretching at all gaits!

Gia seemed much more relaxed when I got on her this morning, so we continued with the homework that Charlie had given us.

At the walk, I worked with her on stretching down, bending and counterbending in each direction.  That was fairly easy for her, although, as usual, she was a bit stiffer to the right than she was to the left.

It was also fairly easy for her at the trot, where I pretty much did the exact same thing.  I was able to get a lot of moments where she was stretching down really well!

I attempted to get the same thing at the canter in each direction.  It was definitely more of a challenge, but I was able to get a nice moment or two in each direction.  She definitely has a harder time cantering to the right than she does to the left, and it's harder for her pick up that lead as well.  She gave me a few wrong leads in that direction, and she was less balanced, quicker, and not as straight, when cantering to the right as well.  This also led to a less organized down transition in that direction.  All of this will improve with the stretching and strengthening work.

On a slightly different note - I read a very interesting article yesterday about talking to your horse.  So, if you hear more from me in the videos, I'm trying it out.  I think I like the results I got from all the horses I rode tried it on today!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP