Gia - session 177 - jumping and stretching

When I first got on Gia today, I felt a lot of pent up energy, so I decided to hop off and lunge her first.  I did 5 minutes of trot and 2 minutes of canter in each direction.  It was a lot easier to keep her going today, especially at the canter,  but she was a bit grumpy, still, when I asked her to go forward.

When I got back on her, we started with a lot of stretching down on circles at the walk and trot, bending and counterbending.  Basically, we did our homework!

Once she felt loosened up, I started her over the trot poles.  After each set of poles, I would go back to the stretching and bending work on the circles.  She did a really good job with the stretching and bending, but she was still a bit to exuberant for the poles, and eventually, the crossrail we set up for her.

The fist time or two over the jump, she was a bit hesitant.  Then she was crooked.  Then she was too fast.  I finally got one trip over the jump that was decent, and let her end on that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP