Gia - session 174 - Transitions and canter work

 I started out with stretching down at the walk today, as well as some turn-on-the-forehand work at the walk, and some lateral work at the trot.  All of that went really well!

Then I moved on to walk/trot transitions. Gia wanted to get a bit quick when I would ask for the up transition to the trot.  So, each time she did, I would bring her back to the walk and ask again.  By having the walk transition immediately after a bad trot transition, she starts to anticipate that the walk is coming right up, so she is less eager to trot too fast.  In my first video today, you can see the difference between a good transition and a bad one at the trot.  In the second video, you can see it at the canter.  It took quite a few more tries at the canter to get a good one, than it did at the trot.

After the ride, I clipped her face and bridle path.  She was not a fan of this today, so I did have to twitch her.  It had been a while since I clipped her face, so I'll try to stay more in practice with that in the future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP