Gia - session 152 - We play with a Pixio!

Gia's video today will be a little generic. 

I purchased a Pixio video system, and we tried it out today.  The idea is that there are sensors around the arena, as well as on the rider, and a tracking robot that you can attach your phone or camera to.  This way, you can video your rides without needing to have a person there to do it.  There are so many ways that this can come in handy!

Anyway, I started Gia's session with some lunging to help her loosen up and push more from behind.  She looked less stiff today, when getting started, than she did yesterday.

Once I got on, we walked and trotted, working on the usual stuff - circles, stretching, corners, diagonal lines and centerlines.  Her stretch was really good again today. 

She felt a little quick at times, and a little tight in her neck in some spots when the circles were a little tight, so I did larger circles than usual today, in the corners.  I also had to keep my hands a bit wider, at times, to help her find her balance today.

Her down transitions were not as obedient as I would like, so I will plan on concentrating on those more in the future.

After the ride, I hosed her off again while Danielle held her.  She was much more relaxed today, even when the sprayer shot off the hose and water went everywhere!  She was still fussy about having her face misted, but not as bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP