Gia - session 150 - more of the same

Today was a crazy Monday morning (nothing having to do with Gia, just things like water leaks everywhere, dog attacks, dead squirrels, a grumpy teenager, you know, the usual).  Anyway, I wasn't able to get a video of her today.

However, she stood almost perfectly for me to mount. 

I worked on stretching circles at the walk, and trying to allow more with my hands.  Then I added corners, diagonal lines and centerlines.  I did have to do a lot of corner circles today.

She was eager to get into the trot work today!

I repeated all the stretching circle work at the trot, and I did have to do a lot of  half halts.  She wasn't bad, but was much more forward than usual. 

I finished with down transitions from trot to walk to halt, that were really obedient!

After I got off, Danielle held her while I hosed her off.  She was fairly good for hosing off her body, maybe a little tense.  She was OK for the right side of her face, but very resistant to putting her head down when I went to mist off the left side of her face.  I eventually had to have Danielle hold the sprayer on her while I worked on getting her head down.  Once we got a moment where her head stayed down while still being sprayed, even for just a second, we ended the hosing. 

She did get startled once while being scraped off.  I had Danielle tie her for that part, since it's not usually a problem.  Luckily, she only came back a couple of steps, and then remembered her manners and stepped forward again.  It's taken forever, but the tying work paid off for a little bit today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP