Gia - session 149 - A little riding, more mane pulling

I did the same under saddle stuff today that I did on Wednesday with Gia.  She was much less fidgety and grumpy when I mounted today.

We had a few "scary" jumps set up in the arena that I had been using with one of the other horses I rode today.  I decided to leave them up, even though we wouldn't be jumping them, just so Gia could get used to riding around them.  I had her circle each jump in each direction, asking for bend and counterbend.  She really didn't seem to care about them at all!

The walk and trot work felt a bit better today, but I still kept it brief and simple.

Afterwards, I finished pulling her mane.  She was a little fussy and fidgety at first, but eventually, she almost fell asleep.  I fussed at her when she would shake her head or push up against her poll, and made sure to tell her "good girl" whenever she was quiet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP