Gia - session 147 - maybe a little off?

Gia was a little bit tense today when I got on to ride.  It's a bit cooler and windier today, especially for a day in June.

I spent a lot of time at the walk.  Lots of stretching down on circles to help her relax.  When that was good, and she felt more relaxed, we did corners, off-the-track lines, diagonal lines and centerlines.  I didn't have to do ANY circles in the corners today!

When I went to trot, something didn't feel quite right.  She didn't exactly feel off, but she didn't feel like she usually does either.  I had Dylan take a video so that I could see what was going on, but I couldn't really see anything there either.  She might have looked a smidge short strided in her right hind.  That's the leg where she got cut a couple of weeks ago, and it's still healing, so it's possible that she is a little sore from that. 

I ended our ride once I had taken the video, and checked her all over.  I couldn't find any other explanation for what I felt.  Hopefully, this will just be a short-lived issue. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP