Gia - session 132 - more trot poles added!

Gia was a statue when I mounted today, and was pretty quiet as I walked off and started asking her to stretch. 

For those of you that don't live nearby, we have gotten a lot of rain yesterday and today, so I had quite a large puddle in the arena today.  For some reason, she was extra worried about it.  We worked on walking through it for about 10 minutes.  The temperature had also dropped about 20 degrees since Monday, and all the horses have been a little squirrly.  My guess is that she was just being a bit over-dramatic.  Once we got through the water issue, literally, she was great for the rest of the ride.

Her shoulder-in at the walk was better today, especially tracking right.  I didn't need any circles at the walk, and only a couple of circles to the right at the trot, while working on diagonal lines and centerlines.  Her stretching at the walk was very good today.

Gia went very well over the four trot poles that I had down for her today, so I ended up adding a fifth and then a sixth trot pole as well. 

She wasn't fazed.

In fact, I felt her trying to get to the poles much quicker - she really wanted them!  I had to work on keeping her straighter and more collected.  Especially when tracking left, her right shoulder kept wanting to fall out, so I had to maintain a little bit of counterbend.  If I didn't, then she would lose her balance and get too quick towards and over the poles.  Once I had her straighter, I still needed to collect her a little or else she got too quick and ran over the poles.  When she was correct though, she felt fantastic over the poles!

Stay tuned for what she will get to try on Friday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP