Gia - session 128 - more lunging at CDP

I loaded up Gia today to go to CDP Stables for more off-site learning.

Today was the first time she has gotten on the trailer with ZERO hesitation!  She just walked right on and started munching her hay quietly, no piaffeing!

Once we got there, I put her on the hot walker while I rode Butch.

She was a bit looky and snorty today, but I allowed her to pause and look or touch whatever it was that was scaring her.  That really helped her to relax. 

Afterwards, I loosely tied her to the trailer again while I groomed and tacked her in the Pessoa.

Her lunging session today was pretty good!  She was a bit distracted, and I had to correct her often, but she always came back to me with little effort.  She was a bit grumpy about being asked to go forward, more so than usual today.

I believe this makes three positive lunging sessions off-site, so I will probably try to ride next time.  Probably just adding a bit of walking and working on relaxation.

Going home, she walked right on the trailer again.  She did piaffe a little at a stop light or two, but she was perfectly still when we got home.

All in all, a pretty positive session today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP