Gia - session 114 - more Pessoa, more stretching at the walk and trot under saddle

I repeated the work that I did with Gia using the Pessoa again today.  She was a little grumpy when I would send her forward, so every time she had a negative reaction, I would send her more forward.  I can't say that we really made much progress with allaying her grumpiness, but it just may take more time and more repetition over the coming sessions.

Under saddle today, I kept it very simple.  I only asked her to stretch down at the walk and trot, using circles, bending and counterbending.  I think she stretched more today than she did the last time I rode her!  She does have a hard time staying on a consistent path, so I focused on that more towards the end.  I will try to keep that in the mind when I ride her the next time!

I forgot to mention that I did start clipping Gia again on Monday.  I started with her front feet, and I kept her in the barn to do it (rather than letting her eat grass, like I had been doing when I last clipped her).  She was a bit nervous, but she didn't do anything foolish, just a lot of blowing.  I will try to clip a different area each time until she is completely clipped again.  I was not able to get to that today though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP