Gia - session 112 - more lunging/no riding

I was debating riding Gia today.  It was super windy, and much cooler than yesterday,  but she was pretty relaxed, and I REALLY wanted to ride today!

However, sadly, I decided against it, and we just worked a little more intently on her lunging work. (I can't wait for summer!)

Rather than asking for multiple transitions today, I allowed her to stay at one gait at a time, and work on stretching.  We did that for the same amount of time we had been, and then I added a bit of extra canter work at the end on each side. 

For this work, I did have her do a lot of transitions into the canter. I would wait until she was fairly relaxed and quiet at the trot and not trying to canter on her own.  Then I would ask for the canter as softly as possible.  If she was polite and moved into the canter without her ears coming back, then I praised her.  If she brought her ears back and displayed too much attitude, then I fussed at her. 

Eventually, she was able to give me a few good transitions in each direction.  Hopefully, I'll be back up on her on Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP