Gia - session 109 - more lunging

I was thinking about possibly riding Gia today, but it was quite windy, and she was a bit frisky, so I decided to wait another day.  One more day won't hurt, but riding today might have ☺.

So, I worked with Gia on the lung line, with the same workout I used the last time.

I videoed her canter work today.  Initially, I was thinking I would show you guys what goes on when she misbehaves at the canter, but when I cantered her in the first direction, she was perfect!  It was actually the nicest canter work she has ever given me!

However, when I cantered her the second direction, she did give us a glimpse of her grumpiness when asked to move forward.  I will include the videos when I post my blog.

As to why she was so good for the first canter - I think the wind and cool temperatures had her much more willing to go forward today.  I worked her to the right first today, and that tends to be her easier direction.  I think she was grumpier the second direction, because it was to the left, her more difficult direction. 

She also stood on her TheraBand twice today.  Once at the beginning, and once at the end, while she was being groomed.  She was really good for it both times!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP