Gia - session 100 - no lunging, added diagonal lines

It was a little rainy today when I was ready to work with Gia, and I didn't really feel like sitting on a saddle that had gotten wet while lunging, so I opted not to lunge today for that reason.  It wasn't terrible, but I definitely noticed a difference.  She was slightly more wiggly at the mounting block, and while not bad, she was a little more tense and not as relaxed throughout the ride as well.  You may even notice a difference in the video I will include when I post this to Facebook.

We worked on bending and counterbending on circles at the walk and trot, as well as stretching down.  We also worked on centerline at the walk and trot.  She did about the same with both of those exercises as she has done for the past few rides, maybe slightly better in her reactions, but also slightly more tense today.

I finished up my ride with diagonal lines at the walk.  I will go into more detail about diagonal lines in my next post.  Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP