Gia - session 92 - even more lunging

Today was more lunging for Gia.  The set up was the same, and the procedure was the same.  It was still a little harder for her to stretch down to the left, so we spent more time trying to get the stretches in that direction.  I was able to get 11 consecutive steps to the right, but only 10 to the left.  So close!  She was less grumpy when I asked her to move forward, and pinned her ears less.  She did still do it a few times, but definitely not as often, so the reprimands are definitely working!  I did try adding in some transitions from trot to canter today, when she was resisting the stretch and against the neck stretcher.  I would ask her to canter, and then as soon as she softened, I would ask her to trot again.  She was starting to give me more moments of stretching more often after those transitions.  It's definitely still a work in progress though!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP