Gia - session 53 - nice but quick ride

Today's session with Gia was a little brief because I worked with her while we were waiting for the vet to show up for fall routine stuff.  I thought I would have more time than I did, but I still had a productive session with her.  I started out with lunging on the line.  She was super responsive to all the cues, and only got grumpy about being asked to go forward a couple of times when I asked her to canter.  As soon as I fussed at her for the attitude, she straightened up.

Under saddle, I started asking her to soften on each side right away at the walk.  She is stiffer to the right, and probably always will be, so I worked with her a little more on that side each time.  After several good releases in each direction, I urged her into the trot.  She was a bit resistant to pick the trot up at first, but once she did, it was nicely forward!  Then I asked her to soften a bit in each direction on circles at the trot.  There was a little more to be distracted about since we had some extra people out to help with the vet, but she stayed pretty focused on me, especially since I was keeping her busy with the softening work.  I was able to get a few good releases in each direction at the trot before the vet arrived and I had to hop off. 

No time for clipping or bathing today, but probably next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP