Gia - session 46 - Repetition

Today's session with Gia went much like Monday and Wednesday's sessions.  Dylan and I free lunged her in the arena.  She was MUCH more relaxed, and probably would have been fine without the lunging.  Once I got on, we walked around the arena.  Anytime she got distracted, I would wiggle the opposite rein, or turn and go the other way if she was resistant.  She was VERY interested in the horses out in the field, so it took a while before she was focused enough to try the trot.  Her walk was a bit less lazy than it has been, but in a relaxed manner.  At the trot, she maintained her relaxation, and was more focused on me.  She was a bit stubborn a few times, and gave me the idea that she wanted to stop and roll in the sand.  Each time, I would kick her firmly until she moved on.  I did have the crop in my hand, and had to apply that a few times as well.  For the most part, however, her trot was more forward and she sustained it for longer.  I did have to kick her a few times for pulling down on the reins, but definitely less than Monday.  Once I got off and we untacked her, Danielle held her to graze while I clipped her hind legs.  She didn't even flinch when I turned the clippers on, and pretty much ignored me the entire time.  I think the grass is really making a difference!  We'll see what happens when I get to her face though ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP