Gia - session 43 - more lunging and walk/trot

I handled today's session pretty much like Wednesday's.  Dylan and I free lunged Gia in the arena until she was very submissive - licking and chewing and coming towards me, ignoring all other distractions.  She was much quieter to start out with, but the ponies were not in sight, and there were no dogs chasing ducks either.  ☺  Once she was warmed up, I hopped on and had her walk around the arena in each direction.  Her walk was very slow, but I don't think it was tense.  It's hard to tell with her because she is so slow naturally, and because I don't really know her under saddle tendencies yet.  However, she was much less distracted, and did not look around as much, and kept a more consistent walk without a lot of stopping to look.  Then I proceeded to work on her trot.  Each time she stopped, I asked her to keep going for several more steps.  A couple of times she was a bit more stubborn than usual about getting the trot going, but otherwise, her trot was pretty uneventful.  We had a minor horse emergency just as I was on the last trot set with Gia.  Everything turned out ok, but I had to hop off quickly to assist.  I'm sure Gia didn't mind, and she had been doing well, so I don't think it was a big deal.  I have camp again next week, so she will probably get the week off.  Hopefully, she won't build up too much energy between now and then ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP