Gia - session 32 - more long lining

Since I had promised Ashleigh that she could be the one to get on Gia, and since Ashleigh lives all the way down in Wilmington, we had to wait for that until we could coordinate our schedules.  Meanwhile, so that Gia stays in regular work, I worked with her in the long lines on Monday.  Rebecca, my assistant for the day, had no trouble bringing her in and getting her groomed.  I did have to show her how to saddle Gia.  For those who don't know, we ride English at my farm, but Gia has been wearing a Western saddle, and it attaches a little bit differently.  Gia was a little fidgety, but not too bad.

I decided to long line her in the arena, and she was very good.  She did everything I asked her to do.  She had no trouble picking up the walk, but she wasn't very prompt about coming back to the halt at first.  Turning was no problem at all.  She was a little lazy to pick up the trot at first, but coming back to the walk was very easy.  At the end I long lined her all the way back into the barn and the crossties.

Once she was untacked, I held her while Rebecca hosed her off.  She was quite sweaty, but she was still a little fidgety about it.  Once she realizes how nice it is, she'll be standing much more still!  Overall, it was a very good session.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP