Gia - session 28 - more long lining and clippers

I've had quite a busy weekend, so I did not get a chance to write about Gia's adventures from Friday.  Danielle was helping me out that day, so she brought Gia in and got her groomed up and saddled.  She set the clippers out in the feed pan next to the grain again, and Gia was quite nervous about them again.  She really wanted the grain, and tried to convince Danielle to help her get it, and she almost went for it herself a couple of times, but did not quite get up the nerve to do it.  After I worked with her and we brought her back in, we turned the clippers back on while I untacked her.  Once the clippers died (they are battery operated), we let her eat some of the grain that was in the pan.  Hopefully, that will help encourage her for next time.

Meanwhile, I continued with her long lining refresher.  This time, I worked with her in the arena on the long lines.  We worked on walking, stopping, turning and trotting.  She was super obedient to everything.  She likes to pull down on the bit and lines whenever I apply pressure, but that's pretty normal.  It's nothing that really bothers me at this point in time though.  She did not seem bothered by the change in area.  She wanted to touch everything, and then wanted to eat all the grass on the edges ☺.  She definitely remembers everything she learned last year in the long lines!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP